Online Listening and Speaking Practice Lab
At ACE, we realize that instructors can have good days and bad days, stray from the curriculum, experience difficulty providing individual attention due to large class sizes, are often under strict time constraints and that most do not have standard North American accents themselves!
In response to these and other limitations of the traditional language-learning environment, our expert speech trainers are available and proud to offer pronunciation and cultural training in a web-based e-learning format designed to meet YOUR specific communication needs.
How Does It Work?
Clients will hear clear, professional quality audio and/or video using male or female English speakers in a variety of practice contexts.
On-Screen Digital Recorder
Linguistic experts agree that it is vital for English language learners to have ongoing auditory feedback in order to make progress. On every Practice Page, there is a digital recorder so clients can get the necessary immediate feedback as they listen to the native English model, preview their own recording and then compare the two.
Once satisfied with the audio/video recording, simply submit it to the trainer for timely, individualized feedback on how to modify your spoken English skills.
Benefits of using Web-Based Audio/Visual Practice Tool
- FLEXIBILITY- Login to access practice materials at a time convenient to YOU!
- Practice materials sent directly to your email inbox
- Viewing of materials in a private and secure virtual classroom
- Try out new skills in a relaxed, low-risk environment in the privacy of your own home or office
- Proceed at your own pace and do not spend time reviewing or re-learning skills that you already know well
- Individualized instruction, expert feedback and practice outside the traditional language-learning classroom
- Learn to self-monitor and self-correct
- Repeated exposure to native English-speaking models
- Ability to listen to trainer feedback multiple times and complete the recommended activities to mastery
- Submit listening and speaking assignments online with ease
- Recording of exercises for ongoing practice beyond the completion of the course