Accent Modification for the Educator
Did You Know?
- Your ability to communicate effectively directly affects your ability to transfer knowledge to your students.
- Ineffective communication skills will cause students to view and rate you poorly.
- Poor communication skills negatively impact your interactions with other faculty members and administrative staff.
- English fluency and clear communication are often the biggest obstacles for career advancement.
- The way you speak directly impacts your reputation and what people think of you. Speaking clearly and confidently helps them appreciate you and your ideas.
In the competitive professional workplace, people judge us not only by WHAT we say, but HOW we say it.
As the North American workplace becomes more diverse, employers are discovering that they must provide their multicultural employees new support services to ensure their success.
Our program will help you achieve solid results.
The ACE Approach:
Using academically- oriented assessment and training materials, we will guide you through the necessary steps to successfully integrate into the North American academic system. We do not believe in a “one size fits all’ approach. Programs are designed to build on each professional’s present level of linguistic and cultural competency.
Our customized programs offer self-paced practice opportunities, expert feedback, real-world application, personalized scheduling, continuous support, and a combination of auditory, visual and kinesthetic instruction and practice techniques necessary to achieve rapid and measureable long-term results.
Communication Skills Training includes:
Spoken English Skills (pronunciation, presentation skills, teaching skills, instructor-student interactions, collaboration, daily conversation)
Listening Skills (formal presentations and everyday conversations in the academic setting)
Pragmatic Language Skills (using voice to project with clarity and confidence, use and interpretation of verbal and non-verbal cues, strategies to repair communication breakdown, use and understanding of common academic abbreviations and idioms specific to the subject matter that you teach)
We understand that being a Professional Educator means that you are busy.
That is why we offer the following options to accommodate your communication training and scheduling needs…
At your place of work
One of our conveniently located offices
Online via a secure, web-conferencing tool
Training programs typically include 12-15 hours of instruction.
Contact ACE Solutions TODAY to begin your journey towards
‘Achieving Communication Excellence’…